Bethany Women’s Hospital Uganda is committed to providing our patients with the safest, highest-quality, most-satisfying care possible. The safety of our patients and their newborns is our top priority.
At Bethany we understand that each patient has personal and unique concerns. This is why we encourage our patients - and those close to them - to be active participants in care, and we work with each family to meet their needs. Through each step, we clearly explain every aspect of care – discussing all appropriate options to help the patient and their family make the best decision.
At Bethany women’s hospital, we provide the utmost in patient- and family-focused care and deliver mothers and our commitment is that every mother goes home with a live and healthy baby. We provide care for all pregnant women and manage high-risk pregnancies.
Our comprehensive pregnancy services include:
· General Obstetrics and gynecology - BWHU provides comprehensive prenatal services and delivery for mothers and babies as well as routine and special gynecologic care;
· Maternal- Fetal Medicine (High- Risk obstetrics) BWHU provides advanced, multidisciplinary care for women who are identified with complications prior to or during pregnancy.
· Specialty clinics include the maternal cardiovascular clinic, maternal diabetes clinic and a clinic for women at risk for preterm delivery or cervical incompetence.
· Midwifery provides expert midwife care for mothers and babies before, during and after birth;
· Newborn Medicine, which is staffed by expert neonatologists and other specialists, cares for newborns at Bethany Women’s Hospital Uganda.
· Subspecialty Services works with specialists in departments across BWHU to address the needs of pregnant women with co-existing medical conditions – including cardiovascular disease, epilepsy, lupus, diabetes, and bone and joint disease.